Thursday, February 15, 2007

Apparently its John Adams' Birthday. Or was, recently, and he's 60 years old (meaning he's my fathers age and i never realized this)...and Philip glass just turned 70, as did Steve Reich.

Madness.

I wish i could get my hands on some more adams recordings. I would enjoy having El Nino again, or Nixon, and im interested in this newfangled Flowering Tree piece, or actually any of his newfangled pieces. Generally i find his music to be gorgeous but a little to conventional for my tastes, yet its always intelligent, full of surprises and even innovation, so more often than not his works get five thumbs up from me.

Just my two cents.

1 comment:

Emmie said...

Happy Birthday John Adams. He sure has given us some musical hits to die for. Cheers to him.
Peep into my blog on friendship greeting cards for some beautiful e-greeting cards and friendly tips.