Im not good with distilling down the origins of my changes in attitude or ideas down to one book or one piece of music, or even my preferred works, so i will, in my typical flamboyant disregard for the rules, go about listing as much as i feel fit.
Name (1) a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies,-
America - The book. For christmas, i bought this book for no less than 3 people (who didnt know eachother) and for myself. Im not stepping down from my position, that book is a masterpiece of satire, and i would prefer it anyday, even on my most-baby-hating humor day, to a modest proposal.
It should be a text book, damnit.
(2) a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music,-
Debussy- Reflets Dans L'eau, Beethoven- 9th et piano sonatas, Dirty Projectors-Slaves Graves and Ballads, Sibelius- 6th, Stravinsky- Dances of the young girls, Apollo, Berg- Lyric Suite, Cage- Prepared piano pieces, Glass- Music in 12 parts et Einstein, Reich- Piano phase, Music for 18 musicians.
(3) a film you can watch again and again without fatigue,-
uhh... I dont think there is one. Films bore me more often than not.
(4) a performer for whom you suspend of all disbelief
-cirque du soleil.
(5) a work of art you'd like to live with-
A Barbazon School landscape. Or Corbet's Paris, Anything by Kadinsky, or a big Rothko, if i had space. or Canaletto, Durer is sweet too.
(6) a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life-
Are you my mother?
and... whats-his-face and the purple crayon.
(7) a punch line that always makes you laugh.-"Mes enfants ont besoin du vin!" (my children need wine!" not really a punch line, but a phrase that always makes me laugh.
Forward this to three people.
1 day ago