Saturday, October 28, 2006

Arcade Fire- Neighborhood #3 (power out)

Ive been generally disappointed by this group. I guess I was expecting another animal collective. I was expecting more of an adventure and I ended up with a sort of bus tour, with a comfortable seat that looks out at interesting things through the safety glass of the rock tradition, things that you never quite get to. Nevertheless, they’re certainly not terrible, I would say good, in that I know they could go a long way, that they could get somewhere great. I find most of the neighborhoods songs to be kinda banal, particularly the theme to #2, though the work in its entirety has a cheeky appeal. Ive heard better work by this group, but nothing that much better.

Im going to Barcelona, the city of gaudi, today. Wont be back till thurs.

No comments: