Monday, January 08, 2007

huh?

Im not good with distilling down the origins of my changes in attitude or ideas down to one book or one piece of music, or even my preferred works, so i will, in my typical flamboyant disregard for the rules, go about listing as much as i feel fit.

Name (1) a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies,-

America - The book. For christmas, i bought this book for no less than 3 people (who didnt know eachother) and for myself. Im not stepping down from my position, that book is a masterpiece of satire, and i would prefer it anyday, even on my most-baby-hating humor day, to a modest proposal.

It should be a text book, damnit.

(2) a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music,-
Debussy- Reflets Dans L'eau, Beethoven- 9th et piano sonatas, Dirty Projectors-Slaves Graves and Ballads, Sibelius- 6th, Stravinsky- Dances of the young girls, Apollo, Berg- Lyric Suite, Cage- Prepared piano pieces, Glass- Music in 12 parts et Einstein, Reich- Piano phase, Music for 18 musicians.

(3) a film you can watch again and again without fatigue,-
uhh... I dont think there is one. Films bore me more often than not.

(4) a performer for whom you suspend of all disbelief
-cirque du soleil.

(5) a work of art you'd like to live with-
A Barbazon School landscape. Or Corbet's Paris, Anything by Kadinsky, or a big Rothko, if i had space. or Canaletto, Durer is sweet too.

(6) a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life-

Are you my mother?

and... whats-his-face and the purple crayon.

(7) a punch line that always makes you laugh.-"Mes enfants ont besoin du vin!" (my children need wine!" not really a punch line, but a phrase that always makes me laugh.


Forward this to three people.

screw that.

No comments: